.: Mechanical Commando :. .: Mechanical Commando :.

Thanks for the game

my xmas eve kinda isn't goin so smooth, so thank you for making me feel like a force to be reckoned with like in an Arnold action movie :D

Frantic Frantic

Hey, just thought I'd say

- I haven't even signed in for months; your game inspired me to ( as well as to write this review obviously ) . I felt very relaxed and focused during game play. The balance in weapon upgrades, enemy difficulty and shooting patterns all came together professionally, and allowed for a challenging enough game; albeit one that always felt conquerable. Congrats, and we can't wait for a second title.

Space Wing Space Wing

Ster Fax '81

Really awesome; at first I thought the movement was too slow as I'm sure everyone did, but then quickly realized it's a vital part of the upgrades ;) very cool game though, after the first level I was sucked in and stayed till death, which was the purple monster with its huge load :D
I liked the upgrade and leveling system - the only thing I would suggest is put some kind of "epilogue" to your death ie. at the very least a GAME OVER and maybe a high score table? All that action and scoring and you don't even get to brag to your "friends"? Cool nostalgic game!

Tipping Point Tipping Point

love

no words, just a perfect adventure game. Stuff like this is so cool because it really transports you to another place; surreal like a dream, mysterious, atmospheric, cerebral. Great music and art.

GlueFO GlueFO

Not too shabby

Very fun, simple concept that works.
I don't have so much a critique, but one idea I thought of while playing. This is just an unnecessary graphical upgrade, but in a 2nd version wouldn't it be cool to see the orbs "slicing" right through the bigger orbs rendering them two semi-moons for a moment to then see then twirl and morph into the next (smaller) orbs.

squidsquid responds:

Oooh, that sounds FANCY! Yeah, good idea though, the orb splitting effect could be made to look cooler, I'll keep that in mind!

Dominus Void Dominus Void

Dominus Substance

Very, very nice game. Love these kinds of puzzles, and it had such perfect level design and difficulty curve. But it's a game you spend a bit of your afternoon on; get sucked right in. And the presentation, atmosphere and story push it over the top to making it a well-balanced game overall. Good taste in music too, and professional voice talent.

Matt-Porter responds:

Awesome man, glad you noticed the level design. I actually spent a lot of time thinking of the learning curve. Introduce something new, start easy, get hard, something new, get hard. Once everything is introduced, use it all in a clever way and just get harder. Glad you liked the story, it was original a storyless game, but I decided it best that I add one, and I must admit I actually like what I came up with. Thanks a ton for all the compliments, I'll be sure to have Francine read your compliments about her voice acting :)

Travis the Turtle (DEMO) Travis the Turtle (DEMO)

nice beginnings

You've got a lovely concept, nice visuals and cool controls/game mechanics here...reminds me of the better platformers out there that let you do so much (the ones on N64 come to mind. That being said, it's as if you were too eager to release what you'd done. This game needs major tweaking yet; character animations continue on and glitch up, the water death-freeze, enemy that sits and keeps punching ... so yeah, some more work and beta-testing could make this really a great, frontpage worthy game. No doubt.

Androkids Androkids

Yippeh! indeed little man

This is great - it's nice to know something innocent and fun still exists out there to battle against the inevitable warping of the young minds.
Everything from the music to the sounds to the hand-drawn crayon style was excellent...reminded me of that show Stickin' Around. Definitely made me smile warmly every time that nice lady said "go to the magic door"...tee hee!

Ladybug - TPC Ladybug - TPC

This game...

reminded me a lot of life. You work so hard to get a few damn things to move you forward, and it's almost impossible to not smack into 4x as many bad setbacks along the way. Seems hopeless sometimes. LOL! Awesome, very harmonious until you realize you can't develop any further in li....in the game.

JYoung007 responds:

Thanks for the review and I guess you can look at the game like that. lol Stay positive my friend.

Gingerbread Circus Gingerbread Circus

Marvelous

Honestly loved this game. What an original concept, and executed very well. It's not every day someone makes a good idea work and so fun to play. Great visuals and sound, one of the best games on here IMO